Thursday, January 13, 2011

Learning Profiles




In class we did some learning profiles. I figured out that I was an L profile and I was Gestalt. This means that I learn well when I am not under stress. I also know this from experience because once I lost all of my french supplies and I was really stressed out. I went two nights without sleeping more than 3 hours and I did not tell anyone except the french teacher. I got new supplies but before that I could not concentrate on anything like math science, french and humanities. I could concentrate in PE and Drama because I didn't really need to think but other subjects I just didn't understand anything. In Math the teacher asked me a question and I could not answer because I was too distracted by a bird outside and a kid fiddling with his fingers and my brain could not process the question. My paper explains that this is because when I am under stress I will become clumsy and I lock myself into the right(gestalt) side of my brain so I don't really understand the logic things that people ask me I can answer them if it is an easy question but anything new does not go into my brain. Also, I do not have a clear memory of what happened, I always think it was a rainy day in the middle of nowhere when I lost my things.

I need to have something to fiddle with so that I can concentrate on other things like the teacher. I need an environment that is calm and no one fidgets so that I can concentrate. I also need a seat where I can get up and move around without disturbing someone else and I can fidget in and not annoy people . I know they will be irritated if I do especially if they are Gestalt like me. I need to combine my learning with physical activities because I learn best through physical activities.I need to be left alone when I am under stress because I will have to think much harder to access my dominant hemisphere and I will be struggling.

The strategies that would help me in my learning are squeezing something while being attentive. Sitting in a place where no one can distract me and I would not distract anyone. Doing physical things at lunch and in class might also help me be more attentive because I often find myself restless in class and if I did physical activities that could stop happening. I also find I cannot concentrate on lots of things at once because when someone fiddles with something or gets up and walks around I get really distracted and I cannot listen. A way of solving this problem is having something to fiddle with so that I don't get distracted by other people fiddling with little things.

Something my teachers should know is that when I am under stress I may have trouble answeringn the questions and I will be very tired. When I am under stress I like being left alone to concentrate and I will be upset if someone disturbs me. Another thing is I talk a LOT! That is because I am usually bored and I ant to move around so my energy comes out verbally. I like to read because it is interesting and distractiong so I don't need to move around as much and I will be quiet. If I am distractiong others I like to be told so that I can try and stop. Those are some things I would like you to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment