Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Years Resoloutions

To enter 2011 I made two resolutions, first to become a vegetarian, and second to exercise more. I wanted to become a vegetarian because I always feel guilty of murder when I eat meat. I don't like killing things and even though they are just animals they are still live things and I just can't eat that. I will still eat fish because it contains omega 3 and that is healthy. I will eat chicken soup no more than once a week but when I go to my friends houses I will not make their parents make me a vegetarian meal, I will just eat whatever is there even though it makes me feel extremely guilty. I will also have to eat more tofu, beans,dairy, and other meat free things. But I don't really mind these things if it means I am saving a life, I say this, but I don't think I could ever become a vegan! And I need to exercise more because I like to eat sweets and junk food so I have to burn it off somehow. Apart  from climbing once a week and tennis and rollerskating every now and again I plan to participate more in PE and try to get better marks so that my fitness level rises. I will also try to do some sports during lunch break and what I would really love to do is go ice skating twice a week but we are in Malaysia and that does not happen here so I don't think that is possible. I really need to improve my swimming and I have a pool at home so I can practice and I can improve my fitness while also improving my strokes. These are my two new years resolutions and I hope I can keep them up and enjoy my life at the same time!

During the holidays I went to England and Germany, and Thailand and Laos. I know it sounds nice but truly it was a disaster. We were on the plane to England so that we could catch a connecting flight to Munich, Germany. Unfortunately we went the day that England had a huge snowfall and Heathrow airport closed and our flight was diverted Frankfurt, Germany, which is a three hour drive to Munich. We got off of the plane and I hadnot slept for the whole flight and I was sooooooo tired!!!! We went to the luggage carousel and waited for five minutes only to hear the announcement " All passengers from the flight from Heathrow please proceed to counter five to be provided with a hotel while we locate your luggage" It was something like that. At this time I am not going to document the words I heard after the announcement was finished, there were a lot of British people on that plan and they did not use the most appropriate of all words to express their feelings. My dad was trying not to swear as he said, our luggage is tagged through to Munich and these *#@$!s are going sort this out for us soon! I was so tired, all I wanted was a bed and I would sleep. I was also constantly looking out of the window to see the snow, I had not seen snow for three years and I was amazed by it. So we went to the hotel and slept for a night and got a rental car the next day and drove to Munich. We saw my German Oma ( grandma) and went shopping in one of the many Christmas markets, but first we bought clothes.We had fun but it was time to go to England, we did have one bag for our new things.

We also had a great time without luggage in England and on Christmas day we celebrated with cousins and other family. After that my grandma in England started acting weird because of the drugs she was taking for her Parkinson's. She was using a flashlight as a toothbrush and she was upset because it would not work, she also burned the kettle by setting it on the stove which was still on. When we came back home for one night we were exhausted and tired. The next day we left for Laos and almost immediately after we arrived I got strep throat  and in Laos in Luang Prabang there were no good doctors so I used up most of our painkillers before I recovered. My brother went biking with my dad and fell, scraping a quarter of the skin on his knee off. Soon after that we went to Railay Beach in Thailand and finally relaxed a little bit. Those were the places I went on holiday and as you heard it was not the most enjoyable of all holidays but some people have evidently had worse.

Something nobody knows about me is something I only just figured out which is that I sleepwalk and talk. I know this because once when my mom came in to tuck my sister Amelia in I got up with my eyes open and I walked all the way around the beds to my brother Jaspers bed. My mom asked "Johanna, why are you over there??" I ranted back at her " I don't want to see Amelia go to the bathroom!!" My mom realised that I was actually asleep and came over and gently shook me I shook her off and walked all the way around to my bed, said "Because it is disgusting!!" And closed my eyes. And I got all this from my mom because I do not remember any of it !!!!
So that was my New Years Resoloutions, What I did on Holiday and Something that Nobody knows about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment